Friday, October 8, 2010

Not too shabby...My mission to flip this house!

You say (your house has the style of a) "potato", I say "our casa needs some personality"!
 
I promise Ben and I are fun!  Our home decor, on the other hand, would have anyone convinced we have the personality of a tuber.  When Piper was under 10 weeks old we moved into our new home.  A newborn baby, full-time job, 2 cats, 2 dogs and a million other things took precedence over decorating our "crib".
 
The other day it finally hit me...Our house needs some pizazz! 
 
Our house is completely mission styled - Beige walls and dark wood everywhere. If I won the lottery, I'd have the walls painted white, the woodwork painted white, and turn the whole thing shabby chic. Not practical, but a girl can dream.  Soo...since I can't go completely shabby chic, I guess we're going to try to turn the house "not too shabby".

I know what I like when I see it, but certainly have never come up with a creative idea and have no natural sense of style;  I wore overalls every day until a few years ago and just minutes ago referred to our house as our crib.  Obviously, adding style to our house will take much outside influence.  With the tips and help from my husband, mother-in-law and sister-in-law, I am going to makeover our house. 
 
Goll, it would be great if I could post pictures to show the few things we've done and what we're working with, but my house is as messy as a foreclosure.  Hopefully by tomorrow I will have pictures posted of the few things we've done.  Then, if there is a single person reading this, you could give us some advice or style tips!!!

Peace out, dude.

No comments:

Post a Comment